Premed 101 Forums

IP Waitlist Movement (Non-rural)

Any news on movement from this list? 

Prior to this year there was anywhere from 17 to 38 (38, 28, 23) - past three years) seats declined.. 

I have heard of a couple of NB seats and one OOP thus far, however have heard nothing from the IP stream. 

Do we think this year is just a mega- outlier or are admissions still deliberating? 

I feel like they may still be deliberating…just with the introduction of the 5 new IP seats I think they are spending more time choosing who gets what seat. I imagine there would be quite a bit of back and forth on this…because if there is a high WL score rural applicant…should they be given the regular seat they earned or a pilot program seat by default? That’s where my thoughts are at least! 

On 5/30/2022 at 9:03 PM, Qwerty42 said:

Any news on movement from this list? 

Prior to this year there was anywhere from 18 to 39 (38, 27, 39 - past three years) seats declined.. 

I have heard of a couple of NB seats and one OOP thus far, however have heard nothing from the IP stream. 

Do we think this year is just a mega- outlier or are admissions still deliberating? 

Hey! This is very interesting - how do u know these numbers?

Fingers crossed you’re right .. hard to imagine 0 ppl from NS declined their acceptance 

9 hours ago, LPR said:

Hey! This is very interesting - how do u know these numbers?

Fingers crossed you’re right .. hard to imagine 0 ppl from NS declined their acceptance 

They are from a report put out by the AFMC - Admission Requirements of Canadian Faculties of Medicine. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have still heard nothing from anyone IP moving on the waitlist, I agree it seems odd it’s now getting extremely late but I think it would be even more unlikely for there to be no IP waitlist movement at all - also haven’t heard of anyone being accepted into the pilot yet.

Someone on the popular forum starting with an R (apparently I can’t post the name) said they heard about two people getting in. Maybe one OOP? I can’t remember … but it still seems really weird that so few would come off the waitlist this year when in previous years there were a significant amount. Fingers crossed they’re just making us wait! 

On 7/16/2022 at 9:10 AM, nshopeful said:

Haven’t been on the forums in a while but I wanted to say that they have picked the pilot program students from the waitlist!

I got my offer early June and we were given until June 27th to confirm our seat!

Congratulations!!! That's amazing!