Premed 101 Forums

McGill tuition costs

Guest slysniper

Guest slysniper

Man, McGill website sucks, it does not tell you much about admissions >: . I even looked at the calender and nothing. Anyway, does anyone know about tuition rates at McGill?

Back to smoking :smokin

By the way, is UBC the most expensive school in Canada? :smokin

Guest shesallDAT

Yeah, it's really not obvious at all on their site, is it! :rolleyes

I had looked a while ago and I believe, once you calculated it out, it was about 11k a year for non-Quebec residents, and 5 or 6k a year for Quebec students. Cheapest school in Canada!

Guest no fUTure

A new grad student from mcgill recently joined the lab that I work at and he was telling me that McGill will tend to accept more international students than OOPs because they pay more

:(

Guest dentforsure

That is not true. There are NO international students in my dentistry class. There are 10 OOPs in my class. I'm one of them.

However, there are 11 international students vs. 9 OOPs in the med class of 176 people.

For tuition, it's a joke. I'm paying the same amount as what I paid in undergrad. 1st yr tuition is $10000 including student fees. But McGill luv to give out scholarships and bursaries to med/dents. I got a $2000 bursary despite getting in on the waitlist. so i'm only paying $8000 this year.

As for 2nd year, tuitino is also $10000-ish. 3rd year: $8000 4th year: $6000

these tuition figures are for OOPs..the IPs pay less...! :x

Instruements: $27000 over 4 years.

Guest slysniper

Great, finally someone who goes to McGill. I have some questions,

How hard is it to get in as an OOP?

Do you happen to have the stats for the last year entering class? like average GPA, DAT scores...

What parts of DAT they look at?

The website does not say much, so sorry to be bombarding you with questions,

Thanks

SS :smokin

Guest montana83

the autobiographical letter isnt doesnt really tell you what to write...does anybody know what they're looking for?? (ie: why are u choosing dent, etc.)?

Guest slysniper

Just tell me the truth, it is all about the money :lol

The report has be like an summary of your life and how you ended up wanting to be a dentist, I think. 8o

Guest dentforsure

McGill doesn't really publish the stats...so i really don't know what ppl do...i do know one guy in my class flunk the carvning and was able to get in off the in prov waitlist.

as for oop...i have about 83% avg...and i was #4 on the waitlist. but there are oops with 90+ avg in my class...but i also know some oops with 90+ that didn't get in. I heard it really boils down to the interview. Pretty much all oops had some sort of dental related experience and was able to talk about it during the interview...a few of hte oops have a master as well. hope u get the idea.

Archived