Premed 101 Forums

RCT stragedy

Guest wishywish82

Guest wishywish82

I'm getting about 11/17 on the first 2 passages but only an 8 on the third, overall it gives me an 30 which translates into an 18 :eek

time for me on this one is a huge issue!!

should i spend more time on the first 2 passages say 20 mins each and short change the 3rd?? try to up my score to 13-14ish for the first 2 and then read 1/2 the third passage draw a line and answer the questions that i read and guess the ones i didn't read??

there's roughly 16 questions for the 3rd passage i bet reading 1/2 the passage you'd cover 8 and could probably answer 5 correctly, guessing at the other 8 at a 1/4 chance you'd get another 2

i consistently score 39-42 which is 20 range. The thing that gets me is if I dont know a passage is talking about. Is if it is something to do with lasers. Either way, I dont spend more than 4-5 mins REAding on any passages and 17 mins over all.

My strategy is I DONT LOOK at the clock. Trust me, looking at the clock freaks you out. Just check it in the middle somewhere (after you read the second passage must have 30 or so mins to spare, I think they annouce this time on test day).

D ont short change yourself. DO all passages!!!! Think about it: its better to skip a hard question then guess on 5 easy ones in the end.

My advice is that, if you spend more than 30-45 seconds, and you cant still find the answer, take a good guess and move on....you will notice you will cut time this way.

Archived