Premed 101 Forums

Carving Issues

Guest johnwoo19

Guest johnwoo19

Just a few questions:

1) Does the ruler they give you on test day have both sides marked in centimeters, or one side with inches and other side centimeters? I've seen both versions of the ruler.

2) When printing your name, ID#, test center on the soap, are you expected to use the black sharpie?

3) Does the 30 minutes given include wrapping the soap in paper towel and printing your name, etc.? Or is the 30min for carving only?

4) In the extra 5 minutes that you're given to take a look at the drawing, are you allowed to use the knife to take off excess flash?

Thanks. :b

Guest Tonick

Just a few questions:

1) Does the ruler they give you on test day have both sides marked in centimeters, or one side with inches and other side centimeters? I've seen both versions of the ruler.

ONE cm, ONE inches

2) When printing your name, ID#, test center on the soap, are you expected to use the black sharpie?

YES

3) Does the 30 minutes given include wrapping the soap in paper towel and printing your name, etc.? Or is the 30min for carving only?

CARVING ONLY

4) In the extra 5 minutes that you're given to take a look at the drawing, are you allowed to use the knife to take off excess flash?

I THINK SO, DON'T WORRY SO MUCH!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Guest johnwoo19

Thanks for the responses guys.

I've heard conflicting answers about this one: whether you're allowed to use a different pencil (from the one they provide you) to make markings on the soap.

Also are you allowed to use your own pencils for the written portion of the DAT?

Guest gindy01

When I wrote the DAT I used my lead pencil, they didnt bother me about it, but the pencil they give you is pretty sharp too so itll work, I would practice with a HB yellow pencil (its what they give you ) and whatever other pencil your planning to use to mark your soap with.

Guest slysniper

Do you mean round ends by round edges?

Well, as for round ends go, I really dont know how they would mark them, cuz there is no plane nor a right angle.

Archived