Premed 101 Forums

Abstract/presentation to School Department -- include?

Guest ElzKristy

Guest ElzKristy

Hope everyone's applications are coming along well!

I am including my 4th year research project under Research but don't have any 'formal' publications yet.

With the statement saying to include type of publications: paper, abstract & prez at scientific meeting, etc., accepted/published with a reference, but NOT submitted or in prep.......can I include the abstract & prez I did for the school department? Everyone in the class did this but everyone from the department was invited and many profs, etc attended. If so, is there any specific format I need to follow to include this.

Can we include poster presentations in this area or is it better to include in 'awards & accomplishments'?

Thank you soooo much for your input!

Guest blinknoodle

Hey there,

I would certainly include your Departmental Poster Day Presentation.. or whatever it was. Just be clear exactly what kind of presentation it was (or will be).

I always had an oral presentation as part of my summer research projects, so I wrote something like "Oral presentation at Summer Student Seminar". For my thesis, since I hadn't yet done my final end-of-year presentation, I wrote that it was my fourth year honours thesis (in progress), and I had an anticipated poster and oral presentation at the Departmental Research Day. I just included this in the detailed portion of Ottawa's sketch and didn't include a separate entry for either one.

Just be accurate and complete with your responses and it should be fine.

Archived