Premed 101 Forums

Saskatchewan and Manitoba accept out of province student?

Guest smooth operater

Guest smooth operater

Hello guys!

I tried to email these two schools to get the answer, but havn't received any reply yet. As part of my registration fee for the Canadian DAT, I can send the my score to max. 5 schools without additional charge. Before I do that, I would like to find out if..

university of Saskatachewan accept out of provnice students? if so, how many per yr on average?

How about for university of Manitoba?

Hope someone can help out. Thanks!

thank you so much!

Guest madflossin

you know you can find this info on every school's website :rolleyes

if i havent forgotten ... it says on usask website that out of 28 seats - 15 are reserved for in province .... that leaves 13 seats up for grabs

this year might only have 6 - but that probably has more to do with OOP's gettin in elsewhere - I know of at least 3 of us from BC (off this board) that got in this year and chose to go elsewhere ... its easy to get interview at sask anyways (only look at 2 best years)

UofM is trickier - they changed their policy this year ... in order to limit the amount of OOP's they take in .... interviewed alot less of us this year by raising the minimum avg in "core" courses (ie. pre-req avg) for OOP students .....

I have a 3 friends doin dent at UofM in 2nd and 3rd year now - they say its because they dont want to train dentists that have no intention of stayin in the province after they finish (OOP's)... when they have a shortage of dentists within province

The info is usually all on the school websites ...

Guest orlinmyer

Well I wouldn't say it's exactly easy to get an interview in Sask because this year you needed an 84 (two best years) just to get an interview and over 87-88 to get in.

Archived