Premed 101 Forums

quickie

Guest toothy1985

Guest toothy1985

hi,

i was wondering if i were to apply to US dental schools, would i be eligible to work in ontario or do i have to license myself? secondly, how to us dentals convert my GPA from ontario university to their grading system? does anyone know? Lastly, what options do i have if i got a D+ in organic chem?

If you graduate from an accredited US school you need to follow certain procedures to become licenced in Canada, but yes .. you can come back and work in Ontario.

Like all Canadian schools, american schools use different criterial to calculate your GPA. What schools are you interested in? Have you contacted them about their admission requirements?

You've already asked about your D+ in 2 other threads. Some schools let you repeat a class, some don't. Some schools will let you take a higher level organic class and then will replace your D+ with your new grade. Some won't. You need to find out what schools do what and then work towards making your GPA look good to the schools you want to apply to. Nobody is going to do this research for you. All the info is online. Here is a link to all the dental schools in Canada:

en-ca.dentalcare.com/

Your D+ is not the end of the world, but if you can't pull off better marks in the next few years you should think about a different career.

Best of luck

Feel free to read through all 70 of my previous posts and you will see I have done my best to be helpful to others.

You are asking very general questions about a specific case that cannot be applied to all dental schools. Thats probably the reason why nobody has given you the answer you have been looking for in your last 3 posts.

Since i'm a dental student at U of A, I can tell you with confidence that the courses that you've taken in the summer (D+ and C+) will be used to calculate your pre-req GPA when applying to the U of A. If this puts your pre-req GPA below 3.0, you will not get an interview.

Since every school is different, to tell you about other schools, I would have to look at their websites to find out how they would deal with your transcripts. This would be a waste of my time as you could look on their sites just as easily as I could. Since this is the time of year where this forum sees the least posts, you will probably be waiting around for months before you will get info posted here about all schools in Canada. This is why I gave you a link to a page that links to all the schools.

Everyone seems to be giving you the same response, but you must not like the answer cuz you keep starting new threads about the same thing:

p084.ezboard.com/fpremed1...=184.topic

p084.ezboard.com/fpremed1...=180.topic

p084.ezboard.com/fpremed1...=178.topic

Since you obviously do not appreciate my posts, this will be my last response to your threads. Sorry we started off on the wrong foot. Best of luck. :)

Archived