Premed 101 Forums

Question for Existing UT Dent Students

Guest Spencer

Guest Spencer

Hello UT Dent Students!

I was just reading through the UT Fac. of Dentistry calendar (2004-2005) and it says that the faculty occassionally accepts International Student transfers from other Dental Schools (as well as Domestic Dental School transfers). I was just wondering...does UT 'actually' do that? Do you know of any international dental students at the faculty that were originally studying at another institution? I'm only asking because if I do decide to enroll in the foreign dental school that I might go to...I may consider transferring back to UT...but I don't know if I'd be considered under the international stream...or the domestic stream because I am a Canadian citizen. The Calendar doesn't mention anything about nationality...only the dental school from which you came from...so I'm guessing I would fall into the international stream...but I'm still pretty confused! Any advice or clarification would be great! Thanks!

Spencer

Guest sweetyork

Yes UofT does accept transfer students. In fact, there are two people in my class (both Canadians; one transferred from UWO and the other from a US school (NYU, I think)). However, transfers are permitted only after 1st year, only from those schools with similar curriculum as UofT’s and only if some UofT 1st years dropped out / failed. So, if you want to transfer, you should do it after first year from a school that has a curriculum similar to UofT. Hope this helps.

Archived