Premed 101 Forums

Help.. Leave EUROPE TODAY, UWO calls 10 min ago, I GOT IN!

Guest snoop99

Guest snoop99

WTF... I DID NOT EXPECT THIS

low 80 %, no honors, all my F's....

UWO picked me off the waitlist, and I leave for Europe in lik3 8 hours for 3 weeks, I just got the call.

I'm in at Saskatchewan, paid my deposit, now I have to think about U-Dub. Cant believe I have to think about it

If anyone can offer me advice who got in UWO, PLEASE HELP yo.

I haven't even packed my suitcase or anything im such a slacker, I have to do that now or I'll miss my flight.

I'll check here before my flight see if anyone responds....

And I'll check while Im backpackin Euro and in London, England.

At least they informed me before I left.

But yea.. what the Hell do I do.. what...

are the PROS and CONS of each?

Guest orlinmyer

UWO is supposed to be an awesome school, but so is USask

Remember, $4800/$150000 = 3.2% (not that big of a hit losing the deposit)

Guest madflossin

snoop i'll keep it simple ...... do UWO ...

uwo has a better lifestyle - more fun campus .... and a bit cheaper

I know thats what I would do

question is what do u do - when u get that inevitable call from ubc :rollin

Guest babycaninez

first off, congratulations! that's great to hear.

i'm new to the board, so i apologize if i should be minding my own business.

i really think you can't go wrong with either school. i've heard great things about both. don't worry too much about city vs city or campus vs campus. i tend to think it's what you make of it. i've have friends who love uwo and friends who didn't like it at all, so it depends who you ask.

there are a lot of factors in your decision, but ultimately it is up to you. but, as i said before, you can't go wrong either way :D

can i ask where you are from? that's another factor i forgot to mention!

Hey snoop99

Congradulations buddy! I had a feeling that you would get ripped off that list. Tough decisions for you to make. On one side you going to UWO helps me out...but on the otherside i would like to see you in the same class nex year. I should have applied to western too, maybe i could have pulled it off there and then we would have had the triad......

anyways....enjoy yourself...pay your deposit....do it up in prague. later man.

Guest Mr Shakur

Come to UWO saliya! No Brainer Biznatch. o yeah... and congrats. We can get a place together and see how long it takes the faculty to kick us out... :smokin

Guest snoop99

Hey All, cheers from Central London.

Man, I will never complain (at least not much) about renting apartments. Some here in central London are 500,000 pounds, like 1.2 mill Canadian for a simple apartment, not even that posh :eek

Tons of fabulous rides to see in London as well, more so than you see in everyday vancouver. You have the regulars, but saw rolls roy, bents, ashton marts, maserats, like their nothing (ie: not 1-2 isolated cars, but several).

The high end shopping is depressing, I dont need 5,000 jeans or 500 lotions haha.

Tons of stuff to see out here, just gettin started.

Back to Business: I'm happy that I got my 2nd acceptance to UWO, hopefuly my dad sends in the deposit this week :rolleyes .

I'm not coming back to BC till mid august, and I know Sask's schedule and costs.

Can anyone give me any info on UWOs calendar for year 1s and expected costs (couldnt find this anywhere for upcoming year). I wont be back till mid august, and im quite concerned about living, where to live, what if anything is left to rent, and the expected costs. I spent last couple weeks doin this research at Sask, so I need to do the same for UWO too I guess. I think im going to be pretty screwed, just showing up at Uwo with a suitcase if I go.

Sask at this point is looking good also, so I really need to see a latest version of UWOs expected costs if anyone can hook that up.

EIther school, the ppl seem cool, so should be a blast, and I really wanna see DHO get in Sask too... too bad I cant tell where he is on the list.

Also big thanks to Adversary for the priv msg about your knowledge, thats really helpful. Even more helpful was when you trained me to do well on the sask/uwo interviews after failin ubc's.

Guest Mr Shakur

dude, dont worry, i dont got shiznat planned either. We'll show up in the clothes we're wearing and wing it from there. We have some sorta orientation thing on the 3rd of sept, ill prob fly out last week of aug and get wut i can for a place to stay. Holla if ya hear me.

Guest madflossin

i think ur in at ubc also .... dentforsure posted its down to 37th percentile

hulk hogan says: "whatcha gonna do snoop .... whatcha gonna do - when ubc comes callin on u??" - lol :rollin

Archived