Premed 101 Forums

Royal college prep materials

Hi all,

Was trying to search the internet for opinions but mostly just ended up with information for the ABR.

Was wondering if anyone/any program had a recommendation for study material.

My program really just seems to recommend crack the core + radprimer for the first section and then a few case series for the oral. Really seems quite....incomplete. Seems like many American also swear by CTC, but all seem to favor Board Vitals and don't think too highly of radprimer.

Any help appreciated. Feel free to PM me as well.

Thank you

• 10 months later...

CtC and Board Vitals are essential.  There are some other case book series that are very good, but I forget the names of those at the moment.  The oral exam is a completely different kettle of fish.  DDx lists are essential, as well as practicing taking cases.  There's an excellent book to guide you through that and I believe the lead author's surname is Hassan.  Essentially, it breaks all the cases down into the respective radiology sub-specialties, starts with the essential images, and then you flip the page and you'll see the relevant DDx, as well as management/discussion points, the latter which commonly arise during the oral examination.