Premed 101 Forums

May 29th Acceptance due date...

Guest uOttawaBch

Guest uOttawaBch

Hey all,

A quick question: I sent my response OMSAS and U of T on monday (would have been picked up tuesday due to holiday monday). I called OMSAS today to confirm receipt but they hadn't received it yet...

How concerned should I be that I will lose my spot on U of T's acceptance list because of this? I guess it could always be processed later today or monday...?! I also called U of T, but they said they couldn't confirm (too many acceptances).

I would hate to lose my spot because my acceptance letter was lost in the mail somewhere...

Thanks for the advice...

Guest Nitay

Hey,

you're not alone in the uncertainty! It drives me crazy to not be able to confirm with U of T that they have received my acceptance, but I'm sure that if they receive NO response from you they will contact you before they cross you off the list. At least I hope so...Did you send by express post or registered mail? If yes, then I'm sure you could track your letter.

See you in september!

Guest mshammer

Hi guys...

I was just down at the Admissions office (meeting re: finances) and I asked if my acceptance confirmation had arrived yet.

Leslie Taylor checked her computer (for ones already entered) and it wasn't there. Her response "it's probably in the pile of mail not yet sorted. If we don't have it by Tuesday, we'll call you to check on things. Don't worry, you won't lose your spot."

Hope that helps!!

see you in August...

Guest uOttawaBch

Thanks a lot for the responses, that definately does help!

I appreciate that i'm not the only one worrying about this...it also relieves much stress to know that they would call to check on things before crossing us off the list!

Have a great weekend!

Guest mshammer

My weekend will involve data crunching to meet the june 30 defence deadline for my MSc...so fingers crossed I'll be meeting you guys this fall! :)

Archived