Premed 101 Forums

did anyone get an interview at U of T with a 3.6ish GPA?

Guest imemyselfi

Guest try2dstress

I got an interview with cumulative 3.68. I'm also doing a Master's right now though. Don't forget that U of T drops the equivalent of 1 credit for every year of undergrad (assuming you had a full course load)...that usually helps if you have had a few bad courses here and there. Hope that helps!

Guest imemyselfi

thanks for the prompt reply. the thing is....I am only an undergrad and 3.6(something) is my GPA after applying the formula. otherwise it is 3.5....I am one of those people who tries to hold on to everything, meaning tries to do the best in everything, which in the end takes a toll on me and I end up with pretty much the same marks in everything.....i.e. i dont have very high and few very low marks which would be of advantage if one were to apply the formula......:\

Guest MedSchoolGirl2005

I think i had a 3.64 but got a rejection letter...what were your mcat scores like and extracurricular?

Just wondering...cuz i know its difficult to make it around the cutoffs..which i believe is 3.60..

Applying next year though for the year after...and i'm also gonna be doing a masters...

Guest Chowchilla

after applying uoft's weighting formula, i have a final cgpa of exactly 3.6. i am not going to do a master's, so i'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me if they know anyone who's gotten in with a similar gpa, or if it's simply a waste of time (and money) to apply to uoft.

even one case is enough to give hope. gracias.

Guest nucleardove

Hi,

I got in with a 3.61 cGPA, so I'm sure that 0.01 wouldn't make too much of a difference. Don't give up! Especially with U of T-- generally they evaluate applications *very* holistically. They'll look at your whole package (essay, refs, etc) along with the GPA, unlike most other schools. That leaves a bit of flex with the GPA. Go for it! :)

ND

Guest nucleardove

Hi Chowchilla,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to apply for U of T's weighting formula (I had more than one semester with only 4 classes). So, 3.61 was my final gpa when I applied. Hope that helps. :)

ND

Guest Chowchilla

it does help, thanks :D do you have any tips or suggestions for the application process to tip the scale in my favour? ecs? mcats? thanks again.

Archived