Premed 101 Forums

Number of offers/seats?

Guest Scholastica

Guest Scholastica

Congratulations to those who got accepted to UofT today! :)

I received an email that I got waitlisted... :( The website indicates that it will make about 270 "offers" this year. Does this number include people who get waitlisted?

I heard a rumour that in some schools, people are not rejected post-interview, but they are all waitlisted if they don't make it the first round. So, I'm wondering how it works for UofT...

Thanks! :)

Guest patentforamenovale

Hi, From what I know, UT does rolling admissions. What this means is that the initial 200 odd people get the offers and then more people are offered as people pull out...rejections, as far as i know are all sent out later in the summer. Hope that answers your questions :) and good luck

Sincerely,

PFO

Guest UTMed07
I heard a rumour that in some schools, people are not rejected post-interview, but they are all waitlisted.

I know that a few years ago they did send out rejections-- one of the adcom people told me so. I have no reason to believe things are dramatically different in this regard now.

The breakdown a few years ago was -- 425 interviewees = 200-250 first round offers + 100-150 waitlistees + 100-150 post-interview rejections. I imagine the numbers have changed a bit since then... with the class getting bigger.

Guest Scholastica

UTMed07,

Thanks for your reply... Another question for you, if you don't mind. :) Why does AdCom make 275 or so offers if the class size is ~210 seats? I'm wondering if the remaining 60 or so people are on the waiting list, or if there is an additional waiting list besides the 275 offers that got sent out... Ah... any clarifictaion would be appreciated. :)

Guest scrubbed

Hey there,

The additional offers are for the people who are on the waiting list.

Initially, U of T makes enough offers to fill the class. The remaining offers, 60 or so as you said, come from the waitlist pool, replacing the positions of those who recieved a first round offer but chose to go to another school. There are more people on the waitlist then who eventually receive offers, the exact proportion of which UTMed07 estimated.

I know it's tough being on the waitlist, but things should start moving once the initial 14 days to respond to the offer are up.

Best of luck.

Archived