Premed 101 Forums

UofT residence close to sick kids?

Guest Gordo58

Guest Gordo58

Hey guys and gals,

Im a second year med student at Ottawa who is coming to sick kids hospital in June for a month long rotation. I was wondering if anybody know's how I can get a place at teh UofT residence(s), and if any of them are close to sick kids?

Thanks a bunch!

Gordo

When I was workin at HSC a lot of the visiting clerks stayed at The Residence which is across the street from HSC and TGH - www.theresidence.net/

The closest university residence would probably be the chestnut hotel but I don't know whether you'd be able to use it.

Guest peachy

There are also some listings for summer sublets on the Torontomeds Forum. Anything around Bay/Gerrard or Bay/College is very close to HSC. Most of the university residences offer summer housing, here's a list. Chestnut is the closest residence, but they're all within easy walking distance.

Guest try2dstress

just a warning about 'the Residence' - i heard from some visiting clerks (from Germany) that it wasn't very well kept, and they said that they would often shower at the hospital instead of at home because the bathroom (shared i think) was too gross! this was about three years ago - it may have improved since then and i've never actually seen the inside of the place myself.

there's some condos on Bay that lots of students live in, and i'm willing to bet some people will be subletting their places for the summer...a good place to look is on the U of T housing registry housing.auth.utoronto.ca/

you need a U of T student number to access this - if you are a student or if you have a friend who is this is a good place to start looking.

Archived