Premed 101 Forums

does UT look at this year's marks if you get in?

Guest Doc Hopeful

Guest Doc Hopeful

If I am in 4th year, and I have applied this year (and received an interview) what kind of marks do I need to keep for this year? I already have 3 years >3.70 ...just wondering as I am super unmotivated to study for finals!:\

Guest scrubbed

From the admissions website

The calculated grade point average used to fulfill the academic requirement will not include the candidate's current year of study.

Students applying in the final year of a three- or four-year degree program must complete the degree requirements and provide proof of completion prior to the date of enrolment.

I suppose that you could even fail one of your courses, provided that you get your appropriate credit during the summer, though something to keep in mind, as I'm sure you have, is that this year's marks going on next year's application.

I know that it's a struggle during the final days. Try to keep motivated, and do your best with exams.

Good luck!

Guest riDer

careful there. i think tha they do require you to maintain a 3.6 in this current year to enroll. its sorta a conditional acceptance. and ofcourse you never know you might not get in (god forbid) and you need them marks to applly next year. finally this is tha last exams for undergrad so one last push for the photo finish would be good for your resume.

Guest scrubbed

Based on what I've read, I don't think that's the case: that you have to be above 3.6 in your final year, and that your acceptance is conditonal upon achieving that. If you have a source, please post it.

I also don't think a 3.6 overall is required after the application, despite what I posted elsewhere. If the current year isn't taken into account as part of the application, it doesn't seem that they wouldn't recalculate your overall GPA again.

Regardless, I doubt many applicants, even if they were below 3.6 in their last year, would dip beolw 3.6 overall as a result.

Guest geekpunk

Oooye... yeah, my marks have dipped substantially this year in my 4th thesis year I'd say. I'm looking at a 3.6-3.7 overall for this year. But my cGPA should still be well above 3.6. Really hope UofT doesn't care! Aaaaaaaaaah, that would be a damn shame to have an acceptance rescinded...

Guest Doc Hopeful

Yeah, I am in the same boat as you, geekpunk...my cGPA will definitely be above 3.7, and this year should be as well...but it's been rough..

Archived