Premed 101 Forums

Using Blockchain Technology to Collaborate with Pharma and Doctors

I was sent this proposal by a colleague and it sounds promising. My clinical research institution is thinking of doing a pilot, and they would like me to give my input on the proposal. The questions I'm having trouble answering are

1. Would having direct and seamless access to patient-rich information in a safe and secure way benefit clinical researchers if they were to use the platform? If yes, how? If not, why? Would the new platform be a better solution than how we're accessing patient data now? (ie could it potentially save time or money in finding participants or could the platform help access patients that wouldn't have been possible before?)

2. If you were to use this solution, what are some things (features) that you would want as a researcher so that you get the maximum benefit?

3. Do you think that this solution has the potential to change how healthcare providers collaborate in the future for the better (for example between doctors and clinical researchers)?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1er80ymeB6Z4ZILdeXQmTy30eDrkhmW3wJ9VABrIybis/edit?usp=sharing