Premed 101 Forums

grades for pre-requisite courses - how are they counted?

Guest try2dstress

Guest try2dstress

i'm doing a pre-requisite course by correspondance (not at my undergrad or grad university), and it should be finished by May. i'm just wondering how my grade will count for that course, or if they'll count it at all. do you think I have to get above a 3.6 in that course?

Guest scrubbed

Hello,

Looking at the FAQ, it seems that grades from Prereq courses completed in the summer are considered as part of the total GPA, so if you just complete the course, you should be fine. On second thought, I think I may be mistaken regarding having to keep your GPA above 3.6 after the intial grade calculation, as I just recall hearing it somewhere. It doesn't seem to be anywhere in the admissions materials.

For summer courses in general.

2) How will summer courses affect my GPA?

Marks from summer courses are not included in the calculation of the GPA but are accepted as credit towards the degree requirements. Prerequisite courses may be taken in the summer.

I was under the impression that you had complete the prereq courses by the time of your application, but it looks like that wasn't the case here.

So it looks like you have a bit more freedom this summer.

Good luck.

Archived