Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

22 minutes ago, thereluctantemu said:

Really? That's terrible. What a way to give people false hope. 

I know right?! I have to believe they use their waitlists because I know people who have gotten off them before. Fingers crossed for us all! 

1 minute ago, OTOT1234 said:

I know right?! I have to believe they use their waitlists because I know people who have gotten off them before. Fingers crossed for us all! 

I know Western uses their waitlist heavily but Queen’s told me the last few years they haven’t but I’ve looked at all the OT/PT forums dating back to 2020 and each year there has been a handful of people that have gotten off the OT waitlist for Queen’s so idk if she just meant there isn’t a ton of people that come off the waitlist or what 

2 minutes ago, AppliedtoOT said:

I know Western uses their waitlist heavily but Queen’s told me the last few years they haven’t but I’ve looked at all the OT/PT forums dating back to 2020 and each year there has been a handful of people that have gotten off the OT waitlist for Queen’s so idk if she just meant there isn’t a ton of people that come off the waitlist or what 

I was waitlisted at Queens last year and I was told that I was close to the very top of their list but I never made it off :/ By June I was told that their class was full and that they’d only use it if someone were to drop before Sept 

I hope there will be more movement this year for you guys! 

Hi,

I already submitted a provisional acceptance on ORPAS for Western OT. However upon reviewing the Western student portal, I see another option to accept. Should I click it? Or will it remove me off the waitlist of other schools? I’m worried if I don’t click it I will lose my offer but if I do click it I’ll get removed off the other waitlists! 

Thanks in advance for your help!

6 hours ago, eggheadpt said:

Hi,

I already submitted a provisional acceptance on ORPAS for Western OT. However upon reviewing the Western student portal, I see another option to accept. Should I click it? Or will it remove me off the waitlist of other schools? I’m worried if I don’t click it I will lose my offer but if I do click it I’ll get removed off the other waitlists! 

Thanks in advance for your help!

That’s a firm acceptance and will remove you off the other waitlist 

6 hours ago, OTbean said:

I was waitlisted at Queens last year and I was told that I was close to the very top of their list but I never made it off :/ By June I was told that their class was full and that they’d only use it if someone were to drop before Sept 

I hope there will be more movement this year for you guys! 

Oh boy, that makes me sad to hear. I fear that’s what is going to happen to me

On 5/19/2024 at 2:08 PM, Joce said:

Hi everyone! Any groupchats for UofT OT yet?

Congrats to those who got offers :)

Hi! if you found one can you please share the link? I would also like to know if there are any group chats for UofT OT!! 😊

3 hours ago, OTbean said:

Yeah it sucks tbh but don’t be discouraged yet. Every year is different and you never know. If queens doesn’t, I hope western works out for you! 
goodluck!! 

It sucks to be so close, and not make it....I really hope this year's waitlists will move. It's not fair to tell someone they're on a waitlist and not even use it :( 

1 hour ago, OTOT1234 said:

It sucks to be so close, and not make it....I really hope this year's waitlists will move. It's not fair to tell someone they're on a waitlist and not even use it :( 

I know it really sucks :/ it makes it worse when you see other schools using their wait lists. Idk why queens does it the way they do but I hope for the best for you guys this year! 

23 minutes ago, lemmein2024 said:

is anyone else on Western OT waitlist and know how far down Western usually goes into their waitlist?? Super anxious and not sure if I’ll get an offer

I’m also on the western waitlist and I’m in the middle third which is making me really anxious because in the past they have sometimes gone all the way down to middle third but not always..not sure what to expect. It seems like a 50/50 shot at this point. Do you know where you are at in the waitlist?

2 minutes ago, AppliedtoOT said:

I’m also on the western waitlist and I’m in the middle third which is making me really anxious because in the past they have sometimes gone all the way down to middle third but not always..not sure what to expect. It seems like a 50/50 shot at this point. Do you know where you are at in the waitlist?

I’m in upper third but I have no clue if they’re going to use the waitlist or not and if I’d even get an offer. All this waiting is really anxious 😕

Does anyone know how much Mac OT uses their waitlist? I looked back at 2023's forum and it looks like a lot of people received 2nd round offers. I'm just nervous because it seems like they put everyone on the wait list who did not receive first-round offers (who did the interview), so I have no idea what to expect!

21 minutes ago, lemmein2024 said:

I’m in upper third but I have no clue if they’re going to use the waitlist or not and if I’d even get an offer. All this waiting is really anxious 😕

I would say you will definitely get an offer. They almost always go through their upper third 

36 minutes ago, AppliedtoOT said:

I would say you will definitely get an offer. They almost always go through their upper third 

Fingers crossed I really hope so!! Anything can happen and there’s never any guarantee. I’m super anxious, there’s so much waiting. I hope you get an offer too!!!

On 5/20/2024 at 12:04 PM, OTgal2024 said:

Hey everyone!! Congrats to everyone who applied this cycle! Whether if you received an offer or not, I hope you’re proud of yourself for all the hard work put in<3

I am very lucky to have gotten offers at both UoT and McMaster for OT. I think as of now I’m leaning more towards McMaster…but I am still on the fence! I’ve done a bit of research on both schools and what other people have said, but just curious if anyone here has any pros or cons related to either? Honestly ANYTHING is appreciated!! Thanks in advance! 

I also got accepted for the same. Currently leaning towards UofT but would also love some more input! I will be moving from BC if anyone else is looking for housing!