Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

7 hours ago, PTPls24 said:

For those interested, Mac PT will tell u how many points off u were from the average Kira talent interview score of those who were offered admission.

Just curious if anyone has asked them and doesn’t mind sharing the response they got? I’m wondering how they mark them.

3 hours ago, PTOT1234 said:

Just curious if anyone has asked them and doesn’t mind sharing the response they got? I’m wondering how they mark them.

They said “Your interview score was just 0.44 points below average score of applicants who received an offer.” They didn’t mention how they are marked or how many points it’s out of 

43 minutes ago, GonnabePT said:

Just got off western PT waitlist but I already accepted ubc pt instead. Hope this helps 

Hey, congrats! 
Just curious here, what third were you in at western PT and do you know roughly your position within that third ? 
thank you for the update! Really helps to gauge the waitlist movement. 

Wishing success in your endeavour as PT! 

2 hours ago, EdMed100 said:

Hey, congrats! 
Just curious here, what third were you in at western PT and do you know roughly your position within that third ? 

I was in the upper third! I don’t have anymore information than that unfortunately. Wishing you the best as well :)

On 6/11/2024 at 10:21 AM, Fingers crosswd said:

Does anyone know of a facebook group or chat started for people accepted to Dal's physio program starting this fall?

I would be keen to join a group if someone wants to start one!

4 hours ago, OTwannabe111 said:

There definitely is movement! I was 13 on UBC OT Vancouver waitlist and got accepted into the program on May 27!!

Damn, I wish I'd applied to UBC now lol 

Apparently a) they have a good amount of waitlist movement and b) they actually tell you where you are. 

Hello! 

I have just discovered this forum today, and thought I would share my experience. This is my first year applying into PT, and I only applied to the UofA MScPT program. On May 3rd, I was waitlisted as a lot of you are now. I was so anxious, nervous, worried and was constantly checking my email. Roughly 2 weeks after the initial email I got, on the first business day after the May long weekend (May 21st) I was offered a spot for PT! I am an in province applicant and my last 60 credit gpa was roughly 3.86, and a cumulative GPA of 3.80.

I have roughly a year of work experience as a PTA and I definitely used some of my experience when answering my questions in the Kira Talent MMI. Overall, I had a lot of “I should’ve said this and that” after completing my interview, but what's done is done. 

At my current job I work with two older UofA MScPT alumni, who completed the program in 2013/2014. They said during their application process, applicants were actually given their position on the waitlist. Whereas as of recent years they don’t give the actual position anymore. 

Just came in to say don’t give up hope if you are on the waitlist! Stay optimistic and try to live your life without worrying too much, but I understand the anxiety waiting for that email. When my email came in, I had already assumed that I would not get in and made plans for the rest of the year. Even if you don’t get in this year, if this is what you really want to do, then find ways to strengthen your application and try again! 

Hope this helps someone! Good luck to all the waitlisted applicants, and congratulations to all the admitted applicants both OT and PT!!!!! 

27 minutes ago, JJMRUPT said:

I have roughly a year of work experience as a PTA

Hey, just curious, are you a certified PTA? I was looking into OTA jobs but a lot of them require that you have a certification. I already have 2 degrees and OT would be my third, I don't really want to go get OTA certification since that isn't my ultimate goal. 

7 minutes ago, thereluctantemu said:

Hey, just curious, are you a certified PTA? I was looking into OTA jobs but a lot of them require that you have a certification. I already have 2 degrees and OT would be my third, I don't really want to go get OTA certification since that isn't my ultimate goal. 

Hi! 

I am NOT a certified PTA, I am about to graduate from my kinesiology based degree. Once I obtain my degree I can apply to be a certified kinesiologist, but for my current job I didn't need to be certified. I was able to do my practicum here, and they were able to offer me a job after the completion of my practicum! I think most employers are looking for people with certifications, but not all companies will require this. 

4 minutes ago, JJMRUPT said:

Hi! 

I am NOT a certified PTA, I am about to graduate from my kinesiology based degree. Once I obtain my degree I can apply to be a certified kinesiologist, but for my current job I didn't need to be certified. I was able to do my practicum here, and they were able to offer me a job after the completion of my practicum! I think most employers are looking for people with certifications, but not all companies will require this. 

Interesting! Can I ask, do you work for Alberta Health Services/Covenant Health? Or are you at a clinic? 

My two degrees are BFA Acting (lol) and a BEd. So....really unrelated to anything Kin. I've worked in healthcare casually for years but as an administrator, so it isn't like I've ever done hands on work with clients. I have worked with kids as a teacher, obviously, but none of my students ever had OT involvement or significant special needs so I don't really feel like that's super relevant either. 

I'm waitlisted for OT at the U of A and so I'm hoping to get some more OT-related volunteering in to prepare for next year BUT if I could actually have a job doing it, even better! I'm not really sure that my education would be relevant enough though. 

13 hours ago, EdMed100 said:

Hey, congrats! 

Hey what waitlist are you in?