Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2024 Cycle

Anyone heard anything about the U of A and/or Dalhousie OT waitlists lately? I think a week or two ago I saw that at least one person got accepted from the waitlist for the U of A and I think further back in this thread someone (in-province) also got off the Dalhousie waitlist, but I haven't heard that there's much movement otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Davey said:

Hi everyone,

I just got admitted at Western PT at 10:20 am. I was in the upper third on the wait list, so hopefully this gives you some hope.

congrats!! where did you see it first, in the portal or an email? I'm also in the top third of the waitlist 

2 hours ago, Jayway said:

congrats!! where did you see it first, in the portal or an email? I'm also in the top third of the waitlist 

Thanks! western's PT admission directly emailed me, but I haven't received a formal Western offer and it isn't visible on ORPAS yet

On 6/19/2024 at 3:05 PM, AppliedtoOT said:

Anyone know if OT Western waitlist is moving or is the class has been deemed full?

Hey! I tried emailing to ask if the class was full but I was told that they could provide no details on the class size or waitlist status. I’m also anxiously waiting to see what happens. Hope this helps a bit

On 10/23/2023 at 3:08 AM, Boukenbc said:

Hi all 

I got into ubc, western and uofa in the most recent cycle after applying for 2022 and 2023 and thought I’d post my stats here just in case they help someone. I am proof a “lower” gpa in the 3.7’s can get in :) my sgpa was a huge worry last cycle and I got into all schools I applied too so I am proof experiences do matter 

Applied + (PT or OT?): OT UBC, UofA, Western
Accepted: All ( currently at UBC)
Waitlisted:
Rejected: n/a
GPA: 3.8ish ubc and 3.74 UofA and western
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: 

my ubc interview I came out not confident but I really showed my personality which helped. I worked in vocational rehabilitation and recreational therapy which is what I discussed in my applications. For uofa which can see my academic CV my other experiences included  working in vocational rehab at a university, dementia care assistant, founder of an equity diversity club, faculty of medicine orientation representative, respite care assistant, assistance in students with cerebral palsy. Classroom aid for students with developmental disabilities 

Hi!

I was curious to know what your Casper score was like?

thanks!!

47 minutes ago, IheartOT said:

Hey! I tried emailing to ask if the class was full but I was told that they could provide no details on the class size or waitlist status. I’m also anxiously waiting to see what happens. Hope this helps a bit

What the heck! I also tried emailing with the same response. They have provided more information every other year and every other school is notifying us when the class is full so I don’t know what is different this year and why there has been no information

On 6/14/2024 at 12:49 PM, aspiringOT23 said:

Any western OT movement? I'm starting to lose hope :( Was really hoping for Western as I'm in the upper third of the waitlist but the movement seems to be slow/minimal :(

Hi everyone just wanted to come on here to provide some hope.

I got an email admission offer from Western OT on Friday! I will be accepting but I hope this helps those wondering if there is waitlist movement. 

Hi everyone!

I’ve gotten an offer for U of A OT at the Augustana campus and it said that I would remain on the waitlist for my other campus choices if it wasn’t my first. Does anyone know how I will know if I do end up getting off the wait list for the Edmonton campus? I have an offer in the GSMS portal that I need to decide if I will accept or not but it does not say which campus I would be accepting so I am a bit confused! It says final decisions regarding campus placement will be made August 12 but that doesn’t leave much time to set up housing. It also says to not contact the offices about the campus placements unless it’s to remove myself from the waitlist.

Thanks in advance!

52 minutes ago, OT2000 said:

Hi everyone!

I’ve gotten an offer for U of A OT at the Augustana campus and it said that I would remain on the waitlist for my other campus choices if it wasn’t my first. Does anyone know how I will know if I do end up getting off the wait list for the Edmonton campus? I have an offer in the GSMS portal that I need to decide if I will accept or not but it does not say which campus I would be accepting so I am a bit confused! It says final decisions regarding campus placement will be made August 12 but that doesn’t leave much time to set up housing. It also says to not contact the offices about the campus placements unless it’s to remove myself from the waitlist.

Thanks in advance!

Hi! 
I don’t know for sure but *I think* you would be accepting the offer for augustana campus but would remain waitlisted for your first choice. 
I was also accepted at U of A, and my official offer letter in the GSMS portal did not specify my campus either. 

Hello!

I was accepted to UofA OT and was wondering if anyone was looking for housing? I found a 3bd and 3.5bth and would ideally want 2 other guy roommates either in OT or PT! The house is around a 10-12 minute walk to Corbett hall. Let me know if you are interested and I can give more information! :)