Premed 101 Forums

Question about physical therapy

Hi guy am student at vanier i was a doctor in my county my r score is not that good 30.1 and i am willing to apply for physical or occupational therapy and i am depressed because my r score does not allow me to apply i don’t know what i should do 

i applied for mcgill and concordia for (kinesiology) i don’t know 

if you can help me just tell me if it’s possible to apply  for physical therapy after doing kinesiology 

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2024 at 4:11 PM, PhysioFreddyCHUS_UdeS said:

It is actualy possible to apply after Kin, but are you only trying to apply in English or you're sufficient enough in French (OT, with your R score, is feasable in two French speaking Universities in Québec)... 

actually i come to quebec 4 years ago and i learned french for 1 year so basically i can speak french very well but however i must do tafq test for french i will do it in the summer

3 hours ago, Boles said:

actually i come to quebec 4 years ago and i learned french for 1 year so basically i can speak french very well but however i must do tafq test for french i will do it in the summer

If I were you, I would still apply in PT everywhere, you never know what can happen!

McGill, UdeM, UL, UdeS, UQAC (on their website it says you need at least 30 so it might be worth a shot there!) and UQTR (new program as of fall 2024) all offer PT. Given that there's one more program this year (UQTR), there are more chances for you to actually get into PT.

Just know that you'll need to do the CASPer in French (except for McGill and UdeM, they accept the English version if I'm not mistaken), so since French is not your first language, you might want to practice more beforehand. Also, UQAC doesn't require the CASPer.

If I were you, I would also apply in OT (McGill, UdeM, UL, UdeS, UQTR all offer OT) because it's easier to switch from OT to PT than it it from kin to PT, in case you don't get into PT this year.

Best of luck :)