Premed 101 Forums

Sports in downtown area

Guest allsportie

Guest allsportie

Hey,

I got into OT9!!! I was wondering if anyone has advice on where there are good sports clubs (tennis, squash etc.) in the downtown area. I'm not from Toronto and there seems to be a LOT of choice. So if anyone has any advice that would be wonderful :)

Also, are there teams or intra-murals for med students too?

Thanks.

Guest purplefairy13

You can rent out a court at the athletic centre, or Trinity College. Non-campus wise, there's a park near casa-loma with courts...

Guest allsportie

Thanks. Does anyone know what the best fee-paying private clubs are that offer fitness, tennis and squash?

Is the athletic centre free for UofT students?

Thanks.

Guest Steve U of T

The AC isn't free, but the fees are a mandatory part of your tuition (same goes with Hart House), so as long as you're a student, you don't have to pay any additional fees. Last time I was a student, they charged about $300 for the school year for both facilities (summer membership not included). Both the athletic center and Hart House have squash courts, although I believe only the AC has tennis courts (indoor). They both have decent fitness equipment. The AC tends to be more popular with serious athletes, while Hart House has a more casual atmosphere.

Archived