Premed 101 Forums

2 Bedroom Basement Apartment Available

Guest DrPunjabi

Guest DrPunjabi

2 Bedroom Basement Apartment Available in a private home. First year med student and a 3rd year U of Ottawa student live upstairs, so its a quiet home. Rent is 1050$/monthly for single student or 1200.00$/monthly for 2 students to share ($600.00/mo each). Rent includes heat, hot water, lights and laundry. Apartment has private entrance and parking spot as well. A 12-month lease is required. The house is centrally air-conditioned and within walking distance of mall, grocery store and cinema. About 10 minutes drive from the med school. House is located across the street from CSIS and NRC. It's a beautiful newly finished place, you have to see it.Available September 1, 2005. For more information or pictures of the apartment please contact via PM.

Guest DrPunjabi

Thanks for the FYI, I am from out of province and that is common practice here. What do you do to secure your property against tenant damage?

Guest medeng

Most landlords take last month's rent as a deposit, and interest must be payed on this deposit to the tenant when they leave the apt.

Guest somuchtolearn

If you do ask for last month's deposit just realize that the interest on it is 6%! Wish my bank gave me that:\

You may want to check out the Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal's website (below). They have all the info for both tenants and landlords.

http://www.orht.gov.on.ca

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest satsumargirl

When you are logged in your will see under your name for the post either a reply or edit option.

Click on the edit option and you can go from there.

You have to be logged in though

Archived