Premed 101 Forums

Tuition payment

Guest misersizer

Guest FrancophoneRN

I went to Infoservice yesterday and they said that you couldn't on site but that you could by Interac (although the banks put a maximum on how much you can withdraw per day, and chances are it won't cover the tuition), and they take cheques.

They told me that I could pay though my bank or by online banking. Just add U of O as a bill, and your student no. as the account no.

But, no, they don't take credit cards at Infoservice. Shame, coz my mom could've gotten a whole whack of airmiles...

Guest satsumargirl

depends if you Qualify for OSAP or not. You get an extension if you apply for OSAP since it takes awhile to release your funds. Also if you get OSAP you can pay part in the fall and part in the winter with no fees.

I don't recall what the deadlines are though. Sept sometime if you get OSAP. We are supposed to be getting a bill I think and I guess that will outline deadlines (or maybe we have to check online?)

Guest misersizer

I have received my bill and they mention nothing about OSAP although I did apply for it and received some. It also didn't mention the 3450 $ bursary that came with my acceptance package. So I don't know what's going on.

Guest satsumargirl

is there any fine print on the bill? I am at my parents right now so I don't have mine.

But the financial aid counsellor at Ottawa did say that you can pay in installments if you get OSAP.

Guest satsumargirl

OK. I'm back home now and have my tuition bill infront of me :x

On the backside in fine print heading 4 "Students paying tution fees with financial aid", it says you get a grace period to pay.

I followed the link they gave and it says we can have a grace period of up to Sept 22 for Fall and Jan 17 for the Winter....IF you fill out the:

"Consents, Instructions, Declarations and Signatures of Applicant" form in person at Financial Aid and Awards Service (University Centre, 85 University, Room 102) before September 3, 2005 for the fall session and before January 5, 2006 for the winter session.

I don't know about the bursary. It doesn't show up on my bill either. The financial aid counsellor said it is done automatically. I imagine it is something they sort out in the fall once everyone's OSAP is sorted out. So I don't think we have to worry about it....it will just come later.

If you don't get any OSAP then yep...it's due Sept 2.

Archived