Premed 101 Forums

Class of 2009 size

Guest 0T6

Hey, I was reading the "Dean's Perspective" on the UOttawa site (www.medecine.uottawa.ca/p...rrent.pdf) and came across this and I don't think it's been mentioned before:

As a

consequence, the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and the Ministry of

Health & Long Term Care requested that we take on an additional 16 medical students in

first year in the 2005 entry class.

So it seems the class size will be upto 139 from the 123 it's held at over the past few years!

I think this might give some hope to the waitlisters:

Expansion of our undergraduate class size does not, of course, come automatically.

Approval of the LCME is required and we await their decision.

This is the "June 2005" edition so from the sounds of it, it seems like they did not offer these 16 extra spots in the first round, so maybe they'll go out over the summer when they get confirmation of funding etc?

Guest avarrin2001

I was soooo excited when i first read this.. Unfortunately, when i read further down it says...

"As a consequence, offers of admission have been made to accommodate a Fall 2005 entry class of 152 students (139 MoHLTC, 8 CNFS and 5 DND funded places). Over the next short while, we will be organizing resources, PBL tutors, etc. in preparation for the largest entry class in our history. The

creation of an Aboriginal student stream will add complexity and excitement."

Which means they already sent out the extra 16 acceptances for the anglo stream :( ugh

However... and this is just a thought... if they are still waiting on the final "ok" from the LCME, maybe they are holding off on going real far down the waitlist to fill all 139 spots until they are guarenteed the funding? If so, that would trigger a lot more waitlist movement.... oh, i hope so!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest klavanica

Hi.

Actually I am also on the waiting list and was wondering

if these extra spots were filled already.

I called Nicole around 2 weeks ago. She said that all the 139

positions were accounted for. :\

It is also mentioned on the July edition of "Dean's Perspective".

Sorry fellow waitlisters

Archived