Premed 101 Forums

Parking passes

Guest satsumargirl

Guest satsumargirl

Apparently if you need to park at RGN you have 2 options...a transferable pass and a non-transferable one.

From what I understand the non-transferable one lets you park at RGN during regualr hours and then all the "perimeter" lots on the main campus after 4:00.

In addition to the above the transferable one lets you park at the Mann lot during the day and it's about $80 extra.

Trying to decide which to get.

I have a campus map but I cannot figure out which are officially considered "perimeter lots". Is it everything except the x-lot which appears smack in the middle of main campus?

Is Mann a perimeter lot? So with the non-transferable coudl I still park there after 4:00? It looks like that is the prkg lot for the athletic facilities.

Also....do we actually have time between classes to go to the gym? If I'm going to just be going to the gym after 4:00 anyway, then I don't see the advantage of the transferable pass. Since our classes and library are all at the RGN campus.Seems like the gym is the only reason to be on main campus.

And frankly....there's a canal!! Why would I even go to the gym when I could be outside on a path along the canal! (until it gets cold anyway)

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Sats

Guest demon

there is 3hr free street parking outside the main campus jym on weekdays, might habe to drive a bit to find a spot, but no more than a 5 min walk away. I did my entire undergrad parking on streets. And street parking is free after 5 or 6 anyway, so if you park at like 2 oclock the car can stay there overnight even.

You will want the pass at RGN cause the street parking is limited to 2hrs and you probably wont have gaps in which to move the car.

Guest miss83

the passes in the university parking lot at RGN go pretty fast, so if you can't get one by chance, buy a pass at the rehab centre. it's right beside the u of o lot, and the price is decent ($50/month), i think it costs the same for university anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest OttawaMeds2008

I've been parking at U of O for 4 years now including my first year of medicine last year. I would not get the transferable pass but if you are bringing your car and you won't be living within 15 minute walk from the school I do recomend the non-transferable. It is really convienient to drive to school and you can park in virtually any main campus lot after 4pm. That includes the one on Mann Ave. beside the sports complex and the lot behind Tabaret Hall that is a 5 minute walk to all the bars in the Byward Market (handy on Fri and Sat night). Street parking is OK but in the wintertime you can't park on any street if it's going to snow or you will get towed and they can be quite strict the the 2 and 3 hour parking limits (especially downtown). Hope that helps.

Archived