Premed 101 Forums

Anyone done an ARCT at the Royal Conservatory of Music?

Guest CommerceStudent

Guest CommerceStudent

For anyone that applied in years past with an ARCT, how did you record it in the autobio sketch? Was it "formal education" or "awards and achievements" and how did you record the dates? Just the year you worked on the ARCT or all the time you spent playing piano (or other instrument)? Thanks!

Guest Lactic Folly

Well, I stopped at Grade 10, but I dug up my OMSAS application (since I assume that's what you're referring to). Actually, since I had too many volunteer entries and not enough extracurricular entries, I put it under extracurricular (along with the theory exams). :) (I did manage to squish in the 'hons/1st class/distn' stuff, as a nod to the awards and achievements aspect.) However, I think that an ARCT could go equally well under the two categories you've mentioned.

As for the date, I put the date I got my certificate -> the present (to signify that I still played). I'm sure there are other ways of doing it, though (the year you started playing to the present, or just the date of your diploma). I don't think the date you put is critical - obviously you've been playing for a long time.

Guest aneliz

I agree, the date is not critical...although you should probably note the date of the major achievement (ARCT).

If you have some extra entries, you can enter the ARCT under awards/achievements with the date you received it and then enter something like 'piano' under 'extracurricular' with the larger date span.

Archived