<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>anatomy web site</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>not rex morgan</username>

<dateline>1008056400</dateline>

<title>anatomy web site</title>

<pagetext>For those of you vigorously studying anatomy, one of the students in our class alerted us to this web page. It looks pretty helpful.

www.rad.washington.edu/atlas/

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ian Wong

Here's a book that I found while at the library today (no, I wasn't studying...). It's a pretty funny book written in a conversational and easy-going style, and I think both premed and med students would get quite a bit out of this book, although med students probably moreso.

It's written by Dr. Ian Blumer, who graduated from Queens medical school and then went on to do an internal medicine residency in Toronto and London, Ontario. He now practices in Ajax.

The book's got lots of interesting little scenarios in which you play doctor by choosing your next action from a multiple choice list: ie. based on what you have heard of this patient so far, what do you do next?

There's also a funny description about the differences between surgeons, internists, psychiatrists and family doctors, a lot of the behind the scenes stuff as far as writing prescriptions or dealing with drug reps, or chronic patients, and even a little bit of the inter-doctor lingo that physicians often slip into so that patients can't understand what they are saying, the funniest being the descriptions of a patient having "supratentorial emphysema, Betz cell anemia, or monosynapsia."

I'd highly recommend checking this book out; it's a quick read of maybe two hours.

What your Doctor Really Thinks: Diagnosing the Doctor-Patient Relationship. Ian Blumer. 1999. ISBN: 0-88882-215-4

Ian

UBC, Med 3

• 3 years later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118446740</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>CVs etc.</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>Carolyn</username>

<dateline>1010158380</dateline>

<title>CVs etc.</title>

<pagetext>Does anyone know of a good site helping to develop CVs for Residency matching?

I have a resume but it is from my business days - I'd like to see how others present research, clinical experience, former employment etc. in a medical CV...

I know it is early (i don't need this in until Sept/Oct) but I'd like to start thinking about it and get a good go on it this spring before I hit surgery this summer!

I appreciate any help!

Carolyn

Mac Meds 2003

Archived