Premed 101 Forums

Do I need a new PAWS account and NSID?

Guest frenchfrog

Guest frenchfrog

This is a question for those admitted for the Class of 2010 and who did their undergrad at the UofS as well:

Since I studied at the UofS prior to applying for medicine, I already have an NSID and PAWS account. However, I just received a letter in the mail saying I should set up my PAWS account using the following temporary password , etc, etc.

The university obviously sends these letters to all students admitted to the UofS but coming from other universities. Even if I already have a PAWS account, but am changing colleges, do I need to change my NSID? Did you guys get this letter too? DId you ignore it?

Hopefully, I'm making sense, please tell me if my question does not.

Guest sab10

I think we can still use our old one... I only took a summer class at U of S, but I noticed on my old account it said I was enrolled in Medicine and whatnot... However, I am on holidays and haven't seen that letter, so I may we way off base!

Guest Kenola

I, like you, received the same letter, as well as completed my premed classes at the U of S. I am just going to ignore it as my old PAWS account is still working and correctly shows me as being enrolled in med.

Kenola

Guest UofS2010

Hmm...have OOP recieved this letter yet....cuz i haven't yet....thats weird...u would think that they would be sending us OOPs this letter not IPs!

PS. Sab did u get the file?

Guest UofS2010

Actaully just want to let the OOP ppl know that i just got the letter regarding NSID and student number.

My question: is there any way to change the NSID?

Guest frenchfrog

As far as I know, there's no way to change your NSID...

for example, if they give you: abc123, you're stuck with it.

Of course, you can always change your password.

Archived