Premed 101 Forums

Second term Average

Guest cloudcube

Guest cloudcube

Hello everyone. I'm new and I had a question for you guys.

At the time of application, the University only has averages for the first semester of second year. So, when choosing individiuals for interviews, are first semester marks considered only or do they factor in midterm marks maybe? Basically, I'm just wondering what kind of an average usually gets an interview or if they definitely look for more than just an average when selecting interview candidates.

Thanks everyone!

Guest ComplacentTragedy

From my understanding, only final marks are looked at while being considered for an interview. So your second term second year stuff won't be in at the time of application. This really isn't a make or break factor, as there are quite a few interviews (what, 160 this year?) so even if your marks will increase marginally during your latest term, you likely still will be offered an interview.

However, you forget the most important part of the UofS application - the photo of yourself. While it is not officially stated, it is obvious that, given that they require a headshot, that your beauty is a crucial factor. Instead of studying, it is likely best to invest in a facial in order to get an interview.

Yes, that was joke.

Guest cloudcube

Great. Thanks!

I realize there are a lot of interviews, but also very many applicants who likely have higher averages.

So, is that how you got in? ;)

Guest ComplacentTragedy

Now, by the time of admissions, they'll have your latest term final marks - so even if during the time of interviews, there are 60 people with higher marks than yours, when it comes time to actually select, your second term, second year (your latest stuff) is already factored in. So don't do like me and drop the ball cause you're tired.

It's a good thing my Mommy says I'm beautiful, else I'm sure my application would have been thrown out.

Archived