Premed 101 Forums

Application photograph

Guest frenchfrog

Guest frenchfrog

We have to include a "passport-type" photograph with our application to the UofS College of Medicine...but I was wondering how strict the Admissions committee is.

Do they actually want a picture of us with a neutral expression (not smiling) with our mouths closed, as required for passport photos? Or, do they say "passport-type" photo to refer to the size needed?

Is any of this a big deal or, can I just include any recent, clear photograph of me?

Guest Gravytrain

"Passport type" mostly involves the size, dont send them a 4x6. Just make the photo fit the space given on the application form. I just had a friend take a few pics and cut them down to size and saved the 10-15 bucks for a formal passport pic.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest geekpunk

Haha, yeah I just cut out my head from some picture taken this summer. My mom was pretty mad, she wanted me to actually go out and spend the $10 on a passport pic. I tried to convince her that I won't be rejected because I didn't specifically include a "passport-like" picture. But she wouldn't listen. Parents are funny throughout this application process. Hopefuly I won't be living at home next year :hat

On a sidenote, I'm officially done applications! Saskatchewan's app was such a relief after OMSAS, Memorial, Dal, Manitoba and Calgary!! SO nice to just be done an app in about 10 minutes. All in all, 9 freakin' schools I applied to! A bit extreme yes, but hopefully I'll get a few interviews.

Lastly, after doing all these apps, my vote goes to McMaster as the hardest app (700 characters?!? Pretty tough to answer those questions in that space) and easiest app has got to be...Western (just name off your High School!!!)

Archived