Premed 101 Forums

Which schools include ALL your courses in the GPA?

Guest zipzappy

Guest zipzappy

Which schools other than UBC, Manitoba and McMaster take ALL of one's courses into account while calculating GPA? When I say ALL, I mean summer courses and courses in semesters in which less than full course load was taken.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Zp

Guest happy2bme

I don't think that UofM counts your summer courses towards your "full years required" They are counted in your GPA, but I still think you have to pull a couple of "full years" in order to apply....

On that note, Calgary for inprov, is now also counting all courses towards your academic mark. However they just rate your academic history, so one reviewer might give you a 4/5 while the next might give you 3/5. This academic review is done prior to interview selection and counts for 50% of your preinterview score. Your two best years are only used for the GPA cutoff in order to apply to Calgary.

Guest trynit

I don't know about other schools, but University of Manitoba does not take ALL your courses into account when calculating your GPA. They drop your worst 30 credit hours (equivalent of 5 full courses) to determine your AGPA ("Adjusted Grade Point Average". In addition, any graduate courses are not included in the AGPA calculation.

Hope this helps

Guest happy2bme

Download the UofM info sheet from their website and they will explain how many hours they will drop to get your AGPA, it depends on howny years/course you have taken.

They also have a 4.5 scale which either can help you alot or make you on the low side of competitive depending on where you went to school and how your school gave out grades.

Archived