Premed 101 Forums

Number of Applicants and Interview Invitations

Guest exhumedcorpse33

Guest exhumedcorpse33

Does anybody know how many interview invitations UBC is extending this year? How many applications did UBC receive?

Exhumedcorpse,

I went to a session on admission to Med a few weeks ago and they said they received 936 applications this year out of which approximately 200 were thrown out because they didn't meet the qualifications/pre-reqs. So I guess that leaves 736 competing for the 128 spots...

It's funny because when you compare that to U of C, where they received 800 OOP applications for 15 spots, all of a sudden you realize how good your chances are at UBC!!!

Ssup

Guest exhumedcorpse33

Thanks ssup,

UBC's numbers this year seem roughly in line with those from previous application years. And I agree that our odds at UBC are much greater than at UofC! I was one of the unfortunate people who received a rejection from UofC but hopefully we'll all have better luck at UBC!

Guest soapyslicer

Last year we were told there were approximately 2.5 people interviewed per seat - I think it ended up being 354 which of course was closer to 3x. I am sure you will get the number at the faculty meeting.

soapy

Archived