Premed 101 Forums

Dr. Ziltner

Guest McCarey007

Guest Pathfinder83

Hi,

I've been waiting for someone to share their experience with Dr. Ziltener but nobody seems to have had him on this forum except me. Well, you can find some of my comments on him in the topic titled "does anybody know Dr Suneet Singh" a little below this topic. I had him 2 months ago and I think I could have done better. He was fairly challenging but not confrontational. I talked to a couple of people who had him before and they said he was fine. However, when I interviewed with him he seemed to challenge me with everything I said. He does ask some current events and ethics questions and lets you lead the talk. Many questions also came out of my extracurricular sheet and since I had lots of research experience, and he being a researcher, he nailed me on every aspect of my research.

Don't get me wrong though, he is a warm person and he is receptive to your comments but he will stop you if he doesn't follow you. His style is quite dynamic and he tries to make it conversational rather than interrogation. He also jokes a little here and there. Be calm and answer each question according to its merit and he will be happy. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Guest McCarey007

hehe...actually I'm not sure if I'll have him now!

I was just notified yesterday afternoon that I had him as my interviewer.

I called the admissions office last night to leave a message telling them I actually talked to Dr. Ziltener last year about a summer student position at his lab. I'm not sure if this will compromise the unbiased nature of the interview so I'll have to wait until Monday to see if I still have him....:(

Guest Pathfinder83

Hehe, thought I almost had someone to share experiences with! You had me hyped up to find out more about him. Its ok, well good luck with whoever you end up interviewing with. You can then look forward to receiving that big package in May hopefully.

Guest McCarey007

Best of luck to you too!

During my brief talk with him last summer, he was really nice too! So i was quite surprised when you said he was tough. But we've heard so many stories like this before...students think they had a bad interview but these are the one who actually receive that lovely package in May.

Guest Pathfinder83

McCarey007,

Thanks for the encouragement. He was certainly a very nice person indeed. Maybe it was just me who wasn't prepared but I hope you're right, I will be ecstatic if I get that package in May. I hope the same for you!

Archived