Premed 101 Forums

acceptance/rejection letter

Guest jackts

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there jackts,

Both types have graced my mailbox in the past two years and if they're similar to what will go out this year: the rejection is in a standard, small, white envelope and contains one sheet of paper; the acceptance is in a big, beige-coloured envelope and contains many.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Pucca81

My goodness... we will know whether we are in or not just by looking at the envelopes!!! I don't know if that's such a nice thing... :rolleyes

Guest Jim2375

Hey Kirsteen,

Is it true that they send the acceptances before the rejections ? In the past years, around what time did you receive the letters ?

Thanks

Jim

At the info session on Thursday, Dr. Frinton said that all the letters would go out at the same time and it should be around mid-May this year.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi Jim2375,

I received my acceptance sometime around the second or third week of May last year; the year prior, the rejection came a heck of a lot sooner. :D As to rejections for those interviewed, I believe that a bunch were sent out after the acceptances but really, it can change from year to year so my experience may not account for that much.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest jackts

hi kirsteen,

ooo my, you got accepted last year...and you didn't even get an interview this year?

this just shows how subjective the admission process is...good luck next year, i'm sure you'll get in sooner or later.

jack

Guest Kirsteen

Hi jackts,

It's not as much subjectivity as it is that I only applied to the MD program this year (I applied to the MD/PhD program last year). Applicants are treated a little differently in each pool.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest canstowski

Man it kinda ruin the fun if we know if we are accepted or rejected purely by looking at the envelop....

besides, instead of fainting in my bedroom after opening the letter, i would be fainting in front of my mailbox >:

Guest tinee007

Hey Kirsteen,

I just wanna say that your posts have been extremely helpful, but I'm just wondering what your situation is...You've been accepted, but you're currently waiting about this year?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there tinee007,

Here's the deal: currently I have no acceptance to any med school in Canada. :) Last year, I gained a conditional acceptance to the UBC MD program... conditional upon also gaining entry to the PhD part of the MD/PhD program (since it was to the MD/PhD program that I applied). I wasn't successful in the latter so I couldn't snag the MD spot. I hope that helps to clear things up a bit.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived