Premed 101 Forums

help please, noticed a mistake on my application...

Guest xanth

Guest xanth

Hey everyone,

I was looking over my application to get ready for my interview and noticed a mistake on my extracurricular sheet. Basically, I put down on the sheet that the dates for one activity were from 99/12-present but it should actually be 99/12-00/02. I did a lot of cutting and pasting late the night before it was due and I guess that's how that slipped through!

Anyway, I emailed UBC and now I'm wondering... is this likely to hurt my application?

Thanks to anyone who can put my mind to rest....

Guest tinee007

Hi there,

I wouldn't worry about it, but it would be worthwhile to mention it, just in case they ask you about the activity and especially if they check it out (ie. call your reference). I don't think it would be a big deal, just explain to them your honest mistake and I'm sure they would understand. =)

Guest not rex morgan

Same thing happened to me the year I got into meds. I called the office and they laughed and told me it happens to alot of people. This was before my file was reviewed...months before actually. That being said, I don't really think it's a huge deal. You emailed them, so if they call a referee, you have already informed them.

Guest Bruno11

Just to put your mind further at ease..... I did the same thing. I think that they understand dates get confused and there is bound to be mistakes.. the fact that you called and informed them shows it was an honest one. don't worry about it.

Guest smile84

Hey, I did the same thing. Only my interviewer noticed it first. I was confused at first, because I thought that I had double-checked my application and that everything was correct. After my interview, I went home, checked the date, called my interviewer to confirm the dates, and called and emailed the UBC office. They said it wasn't a big deal :)

Guest xanth

Whew, that's a relief! Thanks to everyone who posted. I definitely feel better.

Now if only there was a way to fastforward to end of May...

Archived