Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisting

Guest kooty

Guest kooty

If you are waitlisted at UBC, do you still have to send in your final transcript, and does that have any effect on whether you get in or not?

Does that mean that we do not need to send in a transcript until we receive our letter from the faculty of med? I was under the impression that we have to send them in as soon as our marks are up...

Ssup

Guest exhumedcorpse33

The final decisions come out around the middle to the end of May. According to the UBC webiste ,those people offered an acceptance or waitlist have to submit final transcripts by June 16. I guess this year's marks won't really influence the adcomm's final decision.

Guest not rex morgan

Your new marks won't change your position on the waitlist at all. They will have ranked everybody already. They just won't tell you where you are. ;)

not rex morgan,

I just want to claify that our present year's marks basically bear no effect on our admission chances this year? Do they just want to make sure we pass all our courses this year or is there a minimum GPA that we must maintain?

Also, does the above also apply to 3rd year applicants...ie only out 1/2nd year marks are evaluated or because we have less grades to consider, do they evaluate 3rd yr grades for us as well?

Guest not rex morgan

When I applied out of my fourth year in undergrad, and didn't get in, they told me that may average was low, and quoted me something. I brought up that I had pulled off quite a high average in my fourth year. They said they wouldn't count until next year's application. So that's what they told me a few years ago. Can't be totally sure this is how they're doing it now, or if the woman who told me that had her info down.

Archived