Premed 101 Forums

Just wondering . . .

Guest carbonrod

Guest ubcgal

According to the UBC web site (before they updated it on May 9), they said they were going to be mailed out 2 weeks after the ad. com meeting (may 6-8th). I'm stressing because I'm leaving the country on May 26th and need to confirm my back-up plan before I leave. Anyone know if I'll know by then? If they've already made their decision and I haven't heard by then do you think I could ask them?

Guest Ian Wong

I think you could definitely try. Chances are good that they won't be able to release that information (otherwise every other applicant would start calling/emailing in as well), but you have a very valid reason to at least try confirming when the results will be available.

Ian

Guest tinee007

Does anyone know if all letters are sent out at the same time or do rejected ppl get informed first?

I'm getting nervous......... :\

thx

Guest benjibert

I agree with all current applicants anxious for the final verdicts. Shirley Yee replied to my email saying the notifications are going out in the end of May.

Guest tinee007

So, I guess then letters will be sent out late may, so we might not hear until june....hmmm....

The wait is killing me! hehe

Who is Shirley Yee?

Guest ubcgal

So have they made their decisions and are waiting to mail the letters or have they not yet selected candidates yet? Any hope of finding out before May 26?

Guest not rex morgan

Have you tried calling the office yet? I know they don't want to let people know by phone, but you could call up and see how things are going and explain your circumstances. I was able to get them to look up my status a few years ago when I wasn't hearing anything about interviews. They were kind enough to tell me it was because I wasn't getting any. There are certain things they won't divulge, for example where you are on the waitlist. Considering the adcom has theoretically made their decisions, and you need to make yours, you would at least be warranted in finding out if you could hear by phone, or pick up your letter from the office, instead of it being lost in Canada Post land. No guarantees, but worth a shot.

Archived