Premed 101 Forums

What's with the delay?

Guest canstowski

Guest canstowski

Based on the posts in this forum, it seems that UBC hasn't accepted anyone off the wait list yet but all the other canadian schools have and are busy doing so. What's with the delay? >: Or did UBC actually accepted ppl off the waitlist? :|

Guest also in limbo

i'd also like to know!! seems like plenty of ppl have declined ubc, yet no one new is getting in off the waitlist... maybe they're too busy getting things ready for the 2004 expansion that they've forgotten about us? :(

Guest monksters

Man....

This is really killing me. Waiting. Everyday now I am checking my mailbox and every Manilla looking envelope I hope is the one, but still no avail. It is so hard because I know based on the previous year's stats that odds are quite good but at the same time anything can happen. I also want to be able to give my work a good amount of notice because my boss and my whole team has been so kind to me here. So the wait goes on....

m

Guest canstowski

I actually contacted Joy but she won't even tell me whether the waitlist has moved or not. They sure keep their mouths shut in this regard. >:

However, she did mentioned that candidates on the waitlist are called if they are accepted in July and beyond.

Guest monksters

What time did the list start moving last year I'm wondering. Can we assume that it already has moved since she is not willing to say whether it has moved?

m

Guest canstowski

According to this forum, the list started moving June 3rd last year. However, many speculate that UBC is busy preparing for the expansion next year. They promised to set up the on-line application by June 15th but if you check their website, the link is still disfunctional. Hence, they are behind in that regard and maybe everything else too. I can only hope :o :rolleyes

Archived