Premed 101 Forums

@#%$ we got the Olympics

Guest physiology

Guest physiology

I guess Vancouver's been given the thumbs up for rampant political corruption, croneyism, and excessive spending for a fleeting event that's supposed to bring glory and unimaginable wealth to Vancouver.

I'd love to see the opening ceremonies, but once the politicians, who have worked so "diligently" supporting the bid, their families and extended families get their tickets, and then the wealthy and influential citizens who also have zealously supported the bid get their hot hands on tickets, all that's gonna be left over are nose bleed seats that'll still cost like $500.

Despite the fact that we're getting the games, I'd still go - it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I like to live by by own double standards :) Any one interested in volunteering for the event? (And does anyone have any info on how to volunteer?)

Guest mitchie41

YAY!

the olympics will be $@$@!$!$$ AWESOME!

check on the 2010 website for info on volunteering.

But I think they already have a few thousand volunteers lined up. I wonder if they have any more spots.

Guest canstowski

Congrads to John Furlong and his team. I'm totally impress with their committment, having worked on this bid for 5 years :eek

Have you guys noticed how bitter the Austrians were? Its hilarious! :rollin

Archived