Premed 101 Forums

On-line application availability

Guest Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

I've been checking the UBC Admissions website since June 15, awaiting the arrival of the hotlink to the new, on-line application. To date, zip. Does anyone have any scoop on when the application may be made available?

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest canstowski

Yea, i've been checking on the website frequently with no luck. However, you can always perpare for the application regardless of the link. There's the essay portion, reference letter searching portion, gather your extra curricular activities together portion, blah blah blah

So not looking forward to applying again |I

dumb waitlist! >: >:

Guest soapyslicer

Hi everyone,

Heard through the mill :hat that they are in the final stages of the online application. Just working out the bugs. My guess is that it will be available the same time as the paper applications were last year, July 15.

soapy

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there guys,

One item that may be a little different for this year's round of applications is the procedure for references. When I received my "debriefing" phone call this year from UBC, the person with whom I spoke mentioned that the process for references letters would be different. Instead of supplying the three references up front, along with the remainder of the application materials on Oct. 1st, apparently this year we will be required to submit references only when offered an interview. That is, we should bring our sealed reference letters with us to the interviews.

Whether or not this will actually take effect, I guess we'll find out shortly!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest canstowski

That's weird, i thought the reference letters are used in conjunction with your GPA, extracirrcular activites, etc.. to determine if you qualify for an interview. :rolleyes

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there canstowski,

I guess what you've described can now only be attributed to the past! That's one thing that I like very much about UBC--their proactivity and willingness to spend the time and resources to improve their processes.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Ollie

UBC has also eliminated the minimum requirements for the MCAT. It seems that they are keeping the MCAT just to avoid being inundated with applications. Does anyone know if they take it into account at all?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi all,

In case you haven't checked in the last wee bit, the online application is now... online. :D

Good luck this year,

Kirsteen

Guest katwoman2003

I've been trying to sign up for a new username and password, but even with following the instructions carefully, I still have trouble being able to log in and start my application! Did anybody else have any glitch with the online application?

:rolleyes

K

Guest Kirsteen

Yikes. That sounds a bit odd. :rolleyes

I didn't meet any glitches during the registration process at all. I'm no computer oracle, but perhaps you require a certain technological je ne sais quoi to be able to converse with the UBC system? Give it another go, and if all else fails, perhaps you should call the admissions office?

Cheers and good luck with it,

Kirsteen

Guest physiology

Hi,

I had problems because I had the password sent to a hotmail account. When you try to link to the site via the message they send you, the link opens in a hotmail browser. As such, I wasn't allowed to log in properly.

It said my "session was timed out."

Guest Ollie

I had problems logging in as well. The system said my username/password were not valid. I e-mailed them and they said there was a "bug" that did not allow my account to be created properly. I was told just to create a new account. Didn't say anything about not using Hotmail, but maybe I'll try my work account for my new sign up.

Archived