Premed 101 Forums

!!A call-out from the north!!

Guest FastEddy

Guest FastEddy

hello everyone!

I surfed up Ian's website a few weeks ago and was quite amazed :eek at all the very helpful information it contains. I think I type for all of us aspiring pre-meds here on this board when I say that what you've done here is greatly appreciated! Same goes to all the moderators that help out.:D

I'll be taking classes at UNBC this fall, with a BSc in Biology in mind, and making sure to hit all the med requisites. I'm looking for opinions as to what I should do after this year; maybe a transfer to UBC, perhaps UVic? I get the feeling that UNBC is too much a fledging university (I think we have about 5000 students) to stick here for 3-4 years and that a transfer would be in order if not after first year, then second.

what do you think? And how about the Northern Medical Program that starts next year; maybe some of the 24 new seats are reserved for undergrads from UNBC???

So... are there any UNBC students who frequent this board? You there! Give me a shout.

Ta ;)

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there FastEddy,

I've never stepped foot on the UNBC campus, but a really good pal of mine certainly has (and does). He is a professor at UNBC (Prof. Neil Hanlon) and he teaches one or two courses related to health care system resources. Check them out: he's a super great guy and a fabbo prof, I'd imagine!

Cheers,

Kirsteen

• 3 years later...

Purdon and Taber are about an hour away, powder king is just out of Mackenzie, so you're looking at a couple hours from PG. Awsome snow at the latter place.... I think their base is tops in BC , but the facilities are pretty primitive so don't expect a whistleresque village and ammenities, just a parking lot and one chair plus a T-bar. Cross-country on the other hand is great in PG, but I dont know if you're interested in that.

Wow it's strange to see an old post of mine from way back in first year... :P

What a goon I was to think of leaving UNBC... I'm still here, in my last semester of a biochem / molecular biology BSc and I've loved every minute of it!

So, I'll ask again, four years later... Any UNBC students on these boards yet?

As for the skiing, we've got Purden which is about 70km away or so - a nice lil' hill that you could easily spend the day enjoying - and two hours north, deep in the Pine Pass, you'll find Powder King - a wonderful mountain with extensive runs, usually some great powder, and lots of opportunities to get some back-country exploration in. Prince George has a small hill within the city, the Hart Ski hill, but it's just a small one tee-bar operation. Also, if you're interested, there's a lovely network of cross-country skiing trails that run through the Forest For The World that PGers quite enjoy.

-E

Archived