Premed 101 Forums

transfer

Guest darklord

Guest darklord

Anyone know if there are any transfer positions open for transfer in 3rd year? I would like to apply to transfer to UBC medical school, however I have seen that it is only if positions are open. I know it is rare, however I would like to know if anyone has the inside track. People at my school sometimes take time off between years 2 and 3 either to do a phD or have a family etc. Thanks.

Guest Ian Wong

Hi there,

I don't think transferring in is at all common. Nobody has transferred into my class in all 3.5 years that we've been together, except for UBC med students in the classes ahead of us who have taken time off for academic or personal reasons.

I think that if you are considering such an action, you really should talk to the med admissions folks at UBC. I don't think that any of us med students have sufficient/any experience in this area that can give you better advice. The UBC med admissions website is at:

www.admissions.med.ubc.ca/

There is a small section at the bottom of that site regarding admission via transfer. It looks like the deadline for this year is January 31.

Best of luck!

Ian

UBC, Med 4

Archived