Premed 101 Forums

How long to wait??

Guest reahg

If I wanted to travel after I complete my undergraduate education and say take some time to prepare for the MCAT

let me try this again:

If I wanted to take time off after I graduate to travel and prepare for the MCAT, would that affect my chances in the eyes of the interviewers? Also, I haven't had full course loads every semester so far, will that reflect bad on me?

Guest Ian Wong

??? You'll have to be a little less cryptic. You can apply to med school at any time assuming you have/will have the pre-reqs. You can write the MCAT whenever you feel ready (in either April or August).

Just remember that MCAT scores expire, and each med school might have a different expiration date. If your MCAT score expires at a certain med school, then you'd need to re-write the MCAT before you could apply there.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

I think many schools like to see full course loads (or might even require it). You should probably look into that. I know that Dal requires applicants to have a full course load (5 courses) in their last 2 undergrad years.

Guest not rex morgan

Yeah the full course load thing is really important. I'd check into that. As for taking time off to travel, it's almost a requirement these days. I'm being fasecious (sp?). There are tons of people in med that took time off to do whatever. That's not a problem.

Guest Ian Wong

As far as tech stuff goes, I suspect the reason is that your computer is saving the old pages of what you're typing, so when you hit "send", you're not actually sending what is displayed on your screen.

Unfortunately, if that's what it is, then it's a problem on your end, and not EZboard's. You should look towards clearing out your disk cache regularly, and setting your computer to do that for you.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived