Premed 101 Forums

still waiting :(

Guest still no future

Guest still no future

does anyone know anything about the current situation with the wait list? It is so hard to just sit and wait especially after a couple of people have already posted that they got offers....

this is so hard.....

Guest Ian Wong

It sucks, but at least you know that you are still in the running. The last person to get into our class got in the week-end before Orientation. Chin up and good luck! :)

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest not rex morgan

hey. I do know how you feel. Fortunately for me, I was one of the lucky people off the waitlist to already receive an offer. It's agonising, hard to plan for next year, and hard to get a job when you aren't completely sure you are going to be around for a while. If it makes you feel any better, this was my third time applying and the first time I got interviews. What can I say. Be stubborn if you really want it. I took my past rejections (and there were many of them...10 I think) and decided to take the positive and do really exciting things with the time handed to me. Go with your gut on that. With that said, you are definately still in the running, although I understand the self-protection of giving up hope and maybe being pleasantly surprised. I know that last year, the last person got in the day before school started. I also know someone who was on the waitlist at another school, quite far down the list. She wrote the school and said that if anyone dropped out in the first couple of weeks, she'd be there the next day. It worked, they offered her something a couple of days after school started. Good luck to you. Hope to see you in August.

Hi Still waiting.......,

if i may ask, are you applying after your third year or fourth year? gpa? just to get the idea on where you might be placed on the list..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest medsera

Just hang in there...you still have lots of hope. At least you are in the running and know that if, and only if, there were more seats in med school, the committee would think you're good enough to get in.

If you're good enough to be on the wait list, you're good enough to be in med school...so if things don't pan out this year (and we never know yet!), apply again and surely you will have a better chance next year.

I know how it feels. I almost gave up, but I got in this year. Fill your time with things you love doing in the meantime...might as well not stress over this. :)

Archived