Premed 101 Forums

parking at UBC

Guest brunchrunner

Guest brunchrunner

I'm going to be doing the daily commute thing next year.

I've looked into skytrain and bus options but it's just not feasible, which leaves me with the car option.

It just occured to me that I might need to get a parking pass...and soon (I'm sure parking is limited given all those construction sites!).

I remember parking in B1 lot for my interview but that cost me 4$ just for a day. Is a parking pass a cheaper alternative? What do current med students who drive do?

Thanks so much!:D

Guest 604EL

Parking at B lot has actually gone up to 4.25 a day now. As for parking pass, the closest lot is Health parkade, but since last year, only faculty can get a pass for that parkade. As for the other ones, it's quite a walk away, so might as well just drive to somewhere closer to UBC, then hop onto the bus, then you don't have to pay for parking fee at all.

Another suggestion is that if you're still planning to park at B lot, you might be able to buy your ticket off somebody who's leaving or sell it when you leave, but it really depends on what time your classes start and how long they last. Also, if you're only on campus for 2 hours, which can happen on certain days, you can park at the osborne parking lot across the street from B lot for 2 bucks.

Guest kakashifan

yeah... man.. parking at UBC sucks!

i thought i would splurge and buy a parking pass this sept but looks like it's not even worth it.

why did they take away the health parkade from students?

:x k

Guest physiology

Hello,

If you want - a great idea is "park and ride." If you're coming along

1) Marine drive - there's ample parking at Dunbar and 41st (There are 4 buses to serve you - #41, 43, 49, 480)

2) 4th Avenue - parking available on 4th and Sasamat - you can hop on the #4 or the #44

3) 10th Avenue (B-line route) - there's parking right before you enter the gates at UBC, and a B-line/#9 stop there.

You're forced to buy the U-Pass, so it's a waste of $160 if you don't use it. Plus, you save yourself the cost of UBC's parking costs (at least $600 for a parkade pass, which only lasts you from September till April. Remember classes for first year meds go to the beginning June OR you can pay $4.25 for B-lot parking, which is very convenient, because it's right in front of the LSC building, but still, it adds up. I only park at B lot if I'm late or missed a bus and therefore have to drive in).

Archived