Premed 101 Forums

BC resident interviews over?

Guest tinee007

Guest me maniac

I got an email on Feb 14 inviting me for interview on Mar7. I was away and hadn't checked my email until yesterday, otherwise I would have let you know sooner. My interviews are with Dr. Petra Selke and Dr. Courneya. Anyone know them?

BTW, I think all the out of town (not just OOP) interviews start around the 7th of March.

me

Guest soapyslicer

Hi maniac,

Its helmet33 but can't get that id to work anymore. Great news about the interview, what a nice surprise to come home to. Call me if you want to to meet when you are down. I have not heard anything yet but they say the letter went out on Friday! Nothing in the mail again today...my ulcer is growing.

soapyslicer

Guest dangrrgrrl

I received an invite per email this afternoon. As the subject line implies, I live in the interior of BC. My interview date is the same for both interviews -- March 5th.

My interviewers are Vera Frinton and Raymond Maung. Anyone have any thoughts (ie. specialties et cetera) on these folks?

Thanks and GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

I don't think it's over yet but they are now in the process of sending out letter of regrets. I think it meant that it's over once you get that letter in the mail next week and will drag on if you have not received such letter. They will stop contacting interviewees by March 15. Is all schools as slow as UBC?

I was called this morning for the interview. Timing was a bit tight for me. If anyone is interested, I don't have very good grades <80% and not a lot of extracurricular activities, most started last summer. Guess that's why mine is later than others.

Guest me maniac

Soapy,

Well????!!!! Did you phone the admin office this week? What have you heard? I am dying to find out!

It was nice talking to you last weekend. much better than typing everything out..... I will phone this weekend.

Hope good news is awaiting you!

me

Guest GI Jenie

Key K2yf,

You mentioned that you didn't have much in the way of extracurriculars and your grades aren't that good but that you just got an interview call.

I think I have tons of extracurricular and my grades for the past two years are over 80% but I haven't heard yet.

Can you think of why your application would have stuck out to them - I'm hoping that I can get some tips for my application for next year.

Snif.....don't think I'm going to get one this year.

GI Jenie

PS. Good luck in the interview

One thing I can think of is that I did spent a long time on my autobiographical essay to convey them that I had really reflected on my motivation for becoming a physician through my personal experiences, what I had seen and feel at different places at different stages of life. One's motivations are not wholly conveyed through the quantity of volunteer work. What I had seen and heard in Sri Lanka, in Botswana, in Columbia, in the downtown east side etc. affirmed my desire. I also made it clear that it was not practical for me to participate in a lot of extracurricular activities when I have siblings and grandparents to take care of. Or perhaps they have seen something in my application which I have not even detected. Or perhaps it is just chance. Luck is the intersection between opportunity and preparation. Never give up hope. As long as you have not received a letter of regret, you are not out of the ring yet.

Archived