Premed 101 Forums

Dr. Jane Clelland? Dr. Carol-Ann Courneya?

Guest pokadot42

Guest Pucca81

I had Dr. Courneya for Physiology 301. She was the "sweetest" professor. She is a very articulate, friendly, and fairly young. During my final exam, I remember looking really stressed out and she came over to my desk and gave me the biggest "it's going to be okay" smile. She seems like she loves a lot of outdoor activities. I see her a lot riding bicycles everywhere! Good luck!

Guest not rex morgan

She was the head of our cardio block. She's really enthuiastic and positive. She's also into student activities, and is well respected amongst med students. I have trouble thinking of how this would be a difficult interview.

Guest Cramguy

I second what Not Rex Morgan has said. She seems to be a very thoughtful person. Last week during the first week of cardio at case wrap up, one of the presenters had a presentation which we did not have hand outs for. She suggested that she could get a copy of that for us on our Medicol website. I don't quite remember which of our previous lecturers were so keen on helping us out like that!

Can't really think of how she would be a difficult interviewer. Having said that, (if I were the interviewee) I'd probably try and relax and do my best with her as the interviewer. You don't want to think she is an "easy" interviewer and then go in and start making silly mistakes! ;) You still have to go through the process of presesnting your case to her of why you think you would make a good addition to the class of 2007.

Good luck!

Cramguy

UBC Med I

Guest philly77

I found Dr. Clelland (a GP from the Island) to be very pleasant, unassuming, and relaxed during my interview last year. Most of her questions came from what was written in my essay/extracurricular tables.

Dr. Courneya is really devoted to teaching, which is great. So far I'm really enjoying the cardiovascular block.

It's important to prepare for the interviews but try to be relaxed and enjoy yourself!

Archived