Premed 101 Forums

How many credits for Med 1?

Guest RedPotato

Guest RedPotato

Does anyone know how many credits we have to take for Med 1? Is it the same for everyone? Is there a page on the UBC Med website that talks about this or will we get the info in the registration package? BTW, did anyone get the registration package yet - I thought we have to register sometime next week...

Thanks,

RP

Guest TKP 123

Doesnt really matter how many credits there are. Just treat it like one huge course, because you cannot fail any part of it anyway.

I have no idea how many credits are there even though i finished year 1.

Guest liz80

56 credits. And it's the same for everyone. Pretty crazy, considering that full-load undergrad is 30 credits.

And you don't need the registration package in order to register next week. The registration package contains mostly orientation-related info, which you don't need in order to register.

Hope that helps.

Guest liz80

When you're ready to register, you first have to register for an STT (standard time table) first. And then you just enter the number for MD1 (sorry, can't remember what it was). But I'm sure if you look at the list of various STTs on the SSC (student services center), it will be right there. Registering is the easier part of med school, don't worry about it.

Good luck.

:)

Archived