Premed 101 Forums

Hockey at UBC

Guest dr nomis

Guest dr nomis

Hey y'all - first post. Trying to get connected to fellow UBC students - I'm starting in September with, as far as I can tell, a lot of you! Thanks for the help so far.

I hear hockey is a huge part of life at UBC Med. However, I hear the hockey rinks at UBC have been taken out . . . do any of you know how a med student would go about joining a team, and realize his lifelong dream of playing hockey (um. . . for the first time)?

Thanks!

Guest tigerlily

Believe it or not, hockey was a factor in my choosing VFMP over IMP! I've always wanted to play but have never had the chance. I'm pretty stoked to get to try it out... so long as there are lots of other novices on the team and I'm not the only nob fumbling around on the ice! :D

Guest BUlti

Currently, I don't believe that intramural hockey will be played at UBC next year. UBC REC usually gets a decent deal on the Thunderbird rinks (although with bad ice times), but I'm not sure they've been able to find affordable ice times for next year. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Nevertheless, I hear that the Med class always has a great Ultimate team.

Guest GundamDX

:b Never played ice hockey in my life. Huge fan of street/ball hockey though. I played in the REC league for 2 1/2 years now... and there is a MED team in the House division. Maybe we could start a Co-Rec team too next year heh heh

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neocell

Who should I talk to about joining a team? I almost cried when I started reading this thread and no intramural hockey. Hopefully I can get set up with the 'Doc Hockey' but their site isn't too informative right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GundamDX

i think something will be organized for sure... last year there's a med ice hockey and ball hockey team... i'll be playing on a co-rec ball hockey team for sure next year... but ofcoz i'll play for the med team if there is one... hehehe

Archived